Fallout 3 and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro OSx 10.9, 2.3Ghz Intel i7 Quad Core, 8GB RAM(4x4), 750GB Hard drive
Okay, I know that fallout is a PC only game (well besides the Xbox and all) I Bought the game when i used to own a PC. But then that broke and so I bought a Mac. I was wondering if there is ANY way that I can play that game other than using bootcamp and splitting the hard drive. I know that there are wrappers available though programs like WIne? I have wine installed on my Mac but I was wondering if anyone knew of a good working wrapper for Fallout 3.

I have the Game of the Year edition; I heard that made a difference. If not could somebody help with explaining on how to make a wrapper? Thanks again guys, you have always been able to help me in the past!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Wine is great at running a lot of Windows applications, including games on Linux and Mac. But, it falters pretty quickly with higher end games that require more resources. However, both WineHQ and Crossover Games list Fallout 3 as either Bronze/Silver depending on machine, so you can give it a try.

Less strenuous games can be playing within a virtual machine running Windows, but that also has limitations. The only true way of enjoying most Windows games is by running it on Windows and in this case, through Boot Camp..

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro OSx 10.9, 2.3Ghz Intel i7 Quad Core, 8GB RAM(4x4), 750GB Hard drive
That's what i was afraid of...I tried crossover games before, It wouldn't run no matter what i did... I may just have to wind up fixing my old laptop and playing it on that.... Thanks again sir!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.