My Macbook Pro will not pick up my SD card

Reaction score
I have a Lexar 8GB SDHC card that my Macbook Pro 7,1 13" refuses to pick up. My camera reads it perfectly but when I insert my SD card into the card reader it refuses to work. I have been using it for months and it's worked perfectly up until now.

I've tried flicking the unlock/lock switch and it doesn't work on either. It works if I insert the card into the camera and connect using a USB cable, but as this is cumbersome and irritating, I would like to get my card reader working again. I have also tried restarting the computer with the card in the reader and this doesn't work either.

Please help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is it only this SD card that doesn't fails or every SD card? If every SD card, then you might have a broken SD card reader and might have to purchase a external USB reader.

OP
N
Reaction score
I haven't tried another SD card. It might be worth noting that when it did work, it would only pick it up when it was unlocked while my camera only reads it if it's locked. (Or the other way round; it doesn't specify on the card itself)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
First I would try a different sd card to see if it's the card or the reader. I have had card readers that just stop working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.