New Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I'm unable to set up my company email on my Macbook Pro because I downloaded Mountain Lion. I bought a refurbished Mac from the Apple store and they sent me the Lion operating system without a disc to reload the operating system and a free download from the App store for Mountain Lion. This is my 1st mac and Apple support will not help me because Microsoft Exchange 2003 server is not supported. I am very frustrated as many "Apple" experts have told me if I had not downloaded Mountian Lion there were many work-arounds like DavMail. Also Apple tech support said I would have to partition the hard drive and move Mountain Lion to one side. Can someone please help me!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It really wouldn't have mattered if you stuck with Lion since MS Exchange Server 2003 is not supported there either. We've seen this quite a number of times where employers have not updated Exchange Server to at least 2007 or better yet, 2010.

You can always run Windows on your new MBP by using either the Boot Camp assistant to setup a dual boot or use virtual software to run Windows. If you use Boot Camp you would have to install Windows 7 whereas if you use virtual software you could use XP Home or Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.