New to Macs

D

DallasX

Well I reckon that is why I am here because I am new, heh.

I read a topic on virus protection and it did not really steer me in the right direction.

For Windows, my opinion, CA Inoculate IT or eTrust is the best.

What is the best for Mac. I feel nekkid without it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Look on your monitor, and in the upper right corner, is a link called search, there are many threads on this.

I don't use virus protection on mine, because I have never heard of a virus written for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
There are really no bad virus' for MAC OS. i talked to an Apple Genius at the Apple store.....and was discussing the Virus Software, he said its a waste.....if u want to get one you can. but really nothing to protect. OS X has a Firewall built in so you can use that for protection.

I love the Clean running, Non-Virus getting Mac System. Best thing ive EVER done.!

OP
D

DallasX

maz94protege said:
There are really no bad virus' for MAC OS. i talked to an Apple Genius at the Apple store.....and was discussing the Virus Software, he said its a waste.....if u want to get one you can. but really nothing to protect. OS X has a Firewall built in so you can use that for protection.

I love the Clean running, Non-Virus getting Mac System. Best thing ive EVER done.!
Yeah, amen to that!

OP
D

DallasX

hondagus87 said:
Look on your monitor, and in the upper right corner, is a link called search, there are many threads on this.

I don't use virus protection on mine, because I have never heard of a virus written for mac
Got it and looking, thank you. Much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.