Help with icloud needed!

Reaction score
Hi

I have two Macs, both running Mountain Lion, the latest version of iTunes and with registered iCloud accounts. They are both signed out of at present. I also have an iPhone 4 with a registered iCloud account which is currently off.

At the moment I sync successfully via wi-fi between the phone and ONE mac. I want to use the cloud to include the other mac.

Obviously the phone and current mac are full of synced calendar and contacts data.

The other mac calendar is empty apart from the obligatory one calendar and one reminder which are empty. The contacts are full but could be deleted before I proceed with anything.

FINALLY - what I would like help with is a step by step guide to switching on iCloud, disabling iTunes sync and populating the other mac with my current data without creating duplicates all over the place which is what happened before. Also, would you suggest using iCloud for backup, or could I use iTunes simply for backup and updating apps?

I hope all this makes sense and thanks for taking the time to read this / help!

Cheers

Tony

PS I have searched but the info I have found relates to setting up new calendars, not dealing with data that is currently synced via wi-fi. Also, I findd the warning messages within the iCloud setup / merge process confusing as it is not rely clear what will happen depending on choices made! Or maybe its just me!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.