Mini DVI to DVI Adapter

Reaction score
I have an older MacBook Pro I purchased en 2009. I just bought a Mini DP to DVI adapter to be able to play movies from my laptop to my HD TV. I connected the adaptor to my laptop and ran the HDMI cable to my HD TV connector. a) I look for the laptop and I can see my desktop on the TV. However when I open any of the apps the image on my TV remains showing my desktop. Is there a function key (similar to windows) that I need to execute in order to be able to watch my video on the TV? b) once I clear this issue I need help in purchasing the correct cable to be able to listen to my videos or movies.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A mini display port adapter to DVI is not going to function correctly with an HDMI cable and input to the TV. You need a MDP adapter to HDMI and then an HDMI cable to the TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.