Help with technicolour router!

Reaction score
I have recently moved into a new place where the Internet is provided by the landlord. I brought a router with me, a technicolour tg582n. I plugged it into the wall and left it for a while. Came back too it and the wi fi light was on, power on and the broadband light was flashing on and off. The Internet light was not on/flashing at all. I tried hooking my iPhone up too it and managed too connect wirelessly and get online. I then tried to connect my MacBook Pro (running lion) and iPad. Both connected wirelessly but cannot get online on either.

Sounds more like the router settings too me but I don't really have a clue if I'm honest. I haven't long had a mac so may need any explanations dumbing down slightly!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
ADSL or cable?

When you say 'plugged into the wall' what are you connecting to what? And using what sort of cabling?

Have you logged into the router settings to see what the router is reporting about the connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.