BootCamp cannot be used - Stuck at Partitioning

Reaction score
Hi guys! I really need some help now! I'll try to make it short and clear.

So basically, after my upgrading Mac OS X from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, the BootCamp Assistant no longer recognises my 2nd partition where I installed Windows (and if I try to hold Option key while booting, there's longer no option of going into bootcamp partition, only the main and the recovery partitions are there)

Even though I'm having 2 partitions (1 is for Mac OS and the other is in MS-DOS (FAT) format, which is now totally empty) , when I opened BootCamp Assistant it would appear this way :

7789128708_cd4ddb1f2a_b.jpg

Afterwards, I tried "Restore" but it then showed an error and ended up only recognising the 210Gb I'm using for my Mac OSX (the main partition)

I tried erasing the other partition but it just didn't work! I also couldn't resize the startup disk (the main partition, after having deleted the 2nd partition) to take full space of the hard disk, an error appeared saying like not being able to verify the disk

When I tried verifying the partition, it showed this error:

7789128464_c9c7c1bf0d_b.jpg

Just in case you may want to know about the other partition, this is how it looks like:

7789129036_0042e61f25_b.jpg

Should anyone knows how to solve this problem, please help me!!! I don't want to waste 30Gb of my hard disk just like that :( I also have thought about just ignore bootcamp, and try installing windows on the other partition, but then I was afraid of not being able to boot into windows (no option cho to choose after holding the option key)

Many thanks and regards!

p/s: sorry that I ended up writing quite a lot but please help me :) I really appreciate your time and kindness!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you gone into BootCamp Assistant, started it, press continue and there will be an option to remove the Bootcamp partition.

OP
F
Reaction score
Have you gone into BootCamp Assistant, started it, press continue and there will be an option to remove the Bootcamp partition.

Pardon me but I haven't got what you meant. Actually when I went into BootCamp Assistant, there were only 2 options: Download latest software .... and Remove Windows 7 (a bit weird how it's named :\). So apparently I chose the 2nd option, and there came the 1st picture I show above. I continued by choosing "Restore" and after a while, what it did was only deleting the 2nd partition after having shown an error message (I forgot what it said), and then, the BootCamp Assistant decided to use my 1st partition

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.