iTunes confusion

Reaction score
Hey, Im quite an old Apple user, but a shiny new Mac user, I bought a 2nd hand late 2009 iMac the other day, I connected my phone and it synced, but on closer inspection it appears its missed quite alot of my albums, Ive been putting new albums into my iTunes account on mac for 2 days. and just did a final check before I synced and realised alot of the albums aint there.... now if I sync I will lose all the albums on my phone that didnt sync first time right, replaced with whats on my iTunes account on mac??

Im confused, what do I do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Your phone will sync toiTunes and sync your music as iTunes is now. If you have music that is on your phone but not in iTunes, it will be deleted from your phone.

I've been putting new albums into my iTunes account on mac for 2 days. and just did a final check before I synced and realised alot of the albums aint there
How are you putiing music into iTunes? Do you have the "Copy files to iTunes media folder"(or similar) option in iTunes Preferences>Advanced ticked? You will need that ticked if you are importing music from an external drive or Finder and want to delete it after import.

OP
L
Reaction score
So confused, so what can I do now? Am I destined to lose the music that is on my phone but not on iTunes then?

Im not sure about my preferences, I will have a look into those, but I am very new to Mac and struggle to find where things are at the mo :Blushing:

OP
L
Reaction score
Your phone will sync toiTunes and sync your music as iTunes is now. If you have music that is on your phone but not in iTunes, it will be deleted from your phone.

How are you putiing music into iTunes? Do you have the "Copy files to iTunes media folder"(or similar) option in iTunes Preferences>Advanced ticked? You will need that ticked if you are importing music from an external drive or Finder and want to delete it after import.

Yep that option is ticked.... still don't understand why only some albums have copied. I guess I can just download them from iCloud again onto Mac before I sync?? Would that work? But of a pain tho, as my bank account is empty till Thursday and I wont let me "purchase" anything until Ive settled my balance, which is probably 59p for a silly app my husband wanted for iPad :Not-Amused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.