organization of photos

Reaction score
I am not a fan of iPhoto. I switched to all mac by getting iMac, macbook, iphone, ipad so I am committed to the Apple system. On my PC, I had all of my photos organized by year, and within each year, subfolders with events (ie New York vacation, camping trip, anniversary, etc).

Is there an easy way to accomplish this within iPhoto? Or outside of iPhoto?

If I do this outside of iPhoto, will I have duplicate storage of all of my digital photos (one set in iPhoto and one set in the new organization system)?

Please offer suggestions.

Thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
iPhoto can manage your Library and leave the photos in your existing Folders, just a matter of Preference (check box).

FWIW I highly reccomend iPhoto the Missing Manual by David Pogue as a good allround reference.

OP
G
Reaction score
iPhoto can manage your Library and leave the photos in your existing Folders, just a matter of Preference (check box).

FWIW I highly reccomend iPhoto the Missing Manual by David Pogue as a good allround reference.

My photos transferred into iPhoto, but are no longer organized by year folders.
How do I arrange all of my events within folders marked by year?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.