Disconnecting non-iPod mp3 players and other music help

T

Taylor

Okay, so I got a beautiful 20" iMac G5 for christmas and am loving it to death, needless to say also a little confused by it. When I connected my mp3 player (a Cowon iAudio M3) to it, all went well (besides one detail I'll get to later). So I go to disconnect it, not exactly knowing how, and not exactly having a "safely disconnect storage device" option, so I do what I've sort of figured might work: "ejecting" the device from the desktop. I think all is well, but then I look at my mp3 player and it still says "Do Not Disconnect!". Now my question is, how do I safely disconnect it? Because I've already unsafely disconnected and am worried about further damaging it.

Second question: Why is it that the iTunes on windows automatically converts wma's to AACs, but the iTunes on Mac doesn't seem to? I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me.

Thank you all ahead of time for your help.

OP
J

jMac

It's tuff to say why your mp3 player says that. Have you checked the manual to see if it says anything about safely disconnecting. Seems weird since you already ejected it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Taylor said:
Okay, so I got a beautiful 20" iMac G5 for christmas and am loving it to death, needless to say also a little confused by it. When I connected my mp3 player (a Cowon iAudio M3) to it, all went well (besides one detail I'll get to later). So I go to disconnect it, not exactly knowing how, and not exactly having a "safely disconnect storage device" option, so I do what I've sort of figured might work: "ejecting" the device from the desktop. I think all is well, but then I look at my mp3 player and it still says "Do Not Disconnect!". Now my question is, how do I safely disconnect it? Because I've already unsafely disconnected and am worried about further damaging it.

Second question: Why is it that the iTunes on windows automatically converts wma's to AACs, but the iTunes on Mac doesn't seem to? I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me.

Thank you all ahead of time for your help.

When I eject my iPod its screen displays the do not disconnect warning after its icon has disappeared from the desktop. I don't think its an issue or maybe im slowly frying my ipod. About that other question only apple knows. My guess is they assume anyone buying a mac either has a windows box that has already done the conversion or its their first machine and they dont have any media to be converted.

OP
T

Taylor

Haha, thank you all. The explanation for the iTunes makes sense to me, and I guess I won't worry so much about my mp3 player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
did you change your import setting? if you have not, then anything you import or convert will be AAC by default. on the first question, try waiting until the media play clears the do not disconnect before disconnecting after ejecting it from the desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.