Mac Compatible Presenter?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just got my first Mac, the 15" MacBook Pro Retina, and loving it! I am an instructor who uses PowerPoint (now Keynote) and need to find a wireless remote presenter to run my presentations. The Logitech that I was using with my PC works for some of the presentation features, but not all.

Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

Do you have an iPhone or iPod Touch?

If you do, just buy "Keynote Remote" and use that.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm thinking though that using the iPhone presenter app would require my being on a wireless network. I train at various sites and very seldom have wireless access.

Reaction score
I had installed the Keynote Remote App on my iPhone 4S and all worked well even without wifi. Then at my lecture it would not find the MacBook Pro. How embarrassing to lose all of my notes and more especially the timing (the screen covered the Clock!!)
Come on Apple can't we be a little more professional or am I expecting more from a cheap App!!

C

chas_m

Keynote Remote CANNOT work with the Keynote on your Mac without a wi-fi connection. So I think the problem you are having starts from that false assumption.

It would also appear that you're unaware of "screen spanning," where the Keynote display is on one screen (the one going to the projector) and the timer, notes, preview et al are on the other screen. Sounds like you were using mirroring in presenter mode, or had the wrong screen up on the projector.

Reaction score
Hi Chas_m
Well strangely it had been working!
I had followed advice about setting up a network, my server was down for a week so no home network wifi. I successfully used my iPhone 4S, which showed both, my notes in Portrait mode, or both images plus countdown timer, whilst spinning into Landscape mode!
I had read that others had experienced a loss of connection on occasions, so I was naturally very embarrassed when it occurred in front of an audience after a successful rehearsal. I was also simply stating that Apple could be more advanced in their professional support of such brilliant products in a commercial graphics world!

Reaction score
My projector has a remote control with forward/back buttons plus a laser. When I read about the official "Apple Keynote Remote" I immediately purchased it (at 0.69p!!), for it is great when there is a WiFi network to use, at a time that I used my iPod Touch. After upgrading to an iPhone, recently someone posted a way of establishing a closed network when WiFi isn't available, (I must check it out again). I also use the Mac mini remote which is fine but somewhat limiting.
After many years of suffering Windows and Powerpoint, I am now a complete Mac convert, in fact it would have enhanced my career in broadcasting if I had followed my early hunch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.