adding network printer to iMac

Reaction score
Doing well here , 2nd post already!!
Ok, I have an HP Photosmart 2600 all in one printer which is connected via ethernet into my BT Home hub as a network printer and is viewable to another windows desktop (wifes) and my Laptop. How do I get the iMac to see the printer on the network?
I have had a cursory look into the settings for printers but have to admit am a bit lost!!
Any help mucho appreciated..
Cheers

Andy :D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can either install the software that can with the printer.

or

Go to System Preferences - Print & Fax - click the + button to add a printer, if it's not detected automatically click IP and enter the IP address of the printer.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok, cheers. I take it that I would then need to set a static ip address for the printer then as I think at the moment it varies?
Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I would always try and get shared resources like NAS drives, printers etc on static IPs (or preferably reserved IPs on on the router) simply so that every user of those resources always knows where they are.

However many devices allow discovery via Bonjour etc so they don't NEED to be configured this way, it's just my particular preference

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.