MBP 13" is it ok?

Reaction score
Hye guys, i'm new in this forum. Well, i already own an apple's product; an ipad. But now i want to have a MAcbook Pro. I'm working as a educator. I'm only can afford to buy the 13" (specs: 2.5ghz dual-core, intel core i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hdisk n intergrated HD graphic) So here is my MAJoR question;

Can MBP 13" can take all the adobe mastercollection? :[ my major software are illustrator, photoshop, flash, indesign n dreamweaver only.

Right now, i'm using my old loyalty laptop which cannot absorb anymore the adobes :D it only can survive for portfolio n presentation. Hope you guys can help me where i'm not good in the apple product like you all. Thank you very much.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hye guys, i'm an educator. I'm not fimiliar with MBP and here is my questions;

" can adobe collections such as illustrator, photohop, indeeign, flash & dreamweaver (this is the softwares i frequently use in teaching) can be operate smoothly in MBP13"? "

I already survey all the MBP, but at last i'm only can afford the 13" (2.5ghz dual core i5, 4gb ram, 500gb & intergrated graphic Hd). Hope you guys can give answers, opinion even critics so that i can consider the pro & con. Thank you guys :D

OP
C
Reaction score
i thougt 4gb is enough. I'm not use to open the adobes all once. But thank you very much for the info

Reaction score
I think this depends on how patient you are. The system you quoted will certainly handle the entire Adobe creative suite, but how well it performs will depend on what kind of work you're doing specifically.

That said, when working in design, power is directly proportional to speed. The more RAM you have, and the faster your processor, the quicker certain tasks will get done. But if your current computer is as bad as you claim it is, I think just about any new Mac is going to make you happy as a clam.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And do not cross post or post the same question twice. Your posts have been merged together as one thread.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think this depends on how patient you are. The system you quoted will certainly handle the entire Adobe creative suite, but how well it performs will depend on what kind of work you're doing specifically.

That said, when working in design, power is directly proportional to speed. The more RAM you have, and the faster your processor, the quicker certain tasks will get done. But if your current computer is as bad as you claim it is, I think just about any new Mac is going to make you happy as a clam.

Thank you very much for your info, it really helps. By the way, for your info..i'm a type of educator plus designer like to do design only using illustrator with photoshop. Although i said some adobes in the post above; the rest i'm only use it only for teaching.

Oh another FIY, my current laptop is Compaq Presario V3700, vista home basic, intel core 2 duo, 1.83ghz, before 1gb plus / now 3gb plus, mobile intel 965 express chipset family. I think when i buy MBP 13", it maybe more better than the current laptop. What do you think?

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your info, it really helps. By the way, for your info..i'm a type of educator plus designer like to do design only using illustrator with photoshop. Although i said some adobes in the post above; the rest i'm only use it only for teaching.

Oh another FIY, my current laptop is Compaq Presario V3700, vista home basic, intel core 2 duo, 1.83ghz, before 1gb plus / now 3gb plus, mobile intel 965 express chipset family. I think when i buy MBP 13", it maybe more better than the current laptop. What do you think?

It'll be an upgrade for sure, over your current setup. But, like Chas_m said above, I would invest in extra RAM. It won't add that much to the system's cost, and you certainty won't regret it for a second if you buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
the 13 is a brilliant laptop. It'll handle adobe no problem. My wife has one and I'm envious of it's smaller form than my 15 at times.

4 gigs is -ok-. It'll work fine for you. But I would max it if you could. It'll run much better in the long run. The difference from 4 to 8 is quite noticeable especially if you're running illustrator (a real hawg...)

OP
C
Reaction score
the 13 is a brilliant laptop. It'll handle adobe no problem. My wife has one and I'm envious of it's smaller form than my 15 at times.

4 gigs is -ok-. It'll work fine for you. But I would max it if you could. It'll run much better in the long run. The difference from 4 to 8 is quite noticeable especially if you're running illustrator (a real hawg...)

Thank you very much for the info. About the upgrade 4 to 8. I think i can't afford more than its original spec. For your info, this is my second time to buy a new laptop since i start working as educator where my previous one were back in 2008 and still running. Before this, i usually use desktop because i'm a designer. So i feel wierd when it comes to get a brand new laptop. But i want to thank you again for the precious information.

M

MacInWin

Check with other vendors for after-market memory. Crucial and OWC both sell memory for much less than Apple, and it's easy to install. OWC even has videos of how to do it, step by step.

OP
C
Reaction score
Check with other vendors for after-market memory. Crucial and OWC both sell memory for much less than Apple, and it's easy to install. OWC even has videos of how to do it, step by step.

Oh really! Thank you for the info. Where exactly Crucial and OwC? I don't think this kinda shops have in my area. But its good because at least i know how to improvise it later ;) thank you so much.

Reaction score
You might also be able to defer a few dollars by buying from someplace like MacConnection instead of Apple directly. If they don't have an operation in your state, they won't charge you sales tax up front -- which would allow you to hang onto that money until you file at the beginning of next year. Just make sure you remember to declare the purchase.

Additionally, they frequently carry previous generation hardware, which can translate to significant savings if you're not committed to life on the bleeding edge.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok guys, thank you very much for the info, opinion and the snatch. After i consider, i think i'll stick with the original MBP 13" spec. Ok right? No harm things will happen for sure, right? after all The 13" kinda smart and very portable to go anywhere if i had a meeting or outstation where i had to be. It is been my dream to have MBP since i start know about apple products at univrsity in 2000 hahaha...i want to thank you again very very much for a such information. Thank you. I'll see you guys later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB
Consider a factory refurbished model if you are on a tight budget. I bought my 13" MBA AND my wife's 11" MBA for about the cost of new 15" MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
I have a new 13" MBP and absolutely love it! It is a wonderful computer. You will be very happy with it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Consider a factory refurbished model if you are on a tight budget. I bought my 13" MBA AND my wife's 11" MBA for about the cost of new 15" MBP.

I'm not interesrt with MBA because my profession as art & designeducator plus i have to install all adobe collectionc. Ithink MBA is not suitable with my criteria.but thank you very much for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.