sluggish, hesitant MacBook Pro for any video download

Reaction score
I am a first year MacBook Pro owner. No fancy software has been added. The video downloading is terrible. I need to run a utility that will correct this. After researching MacKeeper, I have rejected it -- too scary. Exactly where do I go? Any advice out there?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What kind of video and where from? When you say it's terrible, what exactly is the problem?

MacKeeper should be classified as malware, stay well away from it. I doubt this is a maintenance issue anyway, more likely just not using the right player for the task or not having adequate bandwidth.

OP
G
Reaction score
Perhaps I need to boost with another video card. Even the Apple video ads on the home page play forward faster than download. This did not happen when the machine was new. streaming baseball games works intermittently at the lowest video quality I can select.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Perhaps I need to boost with another video card. Even the Apple video ads on the home page play forward faster than download. This did not happen when the machine was new. streaming baseball games works intermittently at the lowest video quality I can select.

Go here:

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

...and report back with the results please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.