Replace iMac Stand

Reaction score
I've got a desk in my kitchen where I intend to put a computer. Cabinets above are 17 inches above the counter. I've got a 21'' iMac that is too tall for the space. It won't fit.

So, I know this is blasphemous, but I would like to change out the stand on my iMac. I know there is a VESA mount I could get, but there's tile on the wall. Perhaps I could anchor that under the cabinet...

My question is, is there ANY other alternative? Any other stands out there that could remove an inch or two? Any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I've got a desk in my kitchen where I intend to put a computer. Cabinets above are 17 inches above the counter. I've got a 21'' iMac that is too tall for the space. It won't fit.

So, I know this is blasphemous, but I would like to change out the stand on my iMac. I know there is a VESA mount I could get, but there's tile on the wall. Perhaps I could anchor that under the cabinet...

My question is, is there ANY other alternative? Any other stands out there that could remove an inch or two? Any help appreciated!

You could move the desk outwards and mount the iMac on a lower shelf or Vesa bracket behind or..and I kid you not this has been done before...measure out the dimensions of where you need to be on your desk and cut an aperture out of the desk, create a plinth underneath and slot the iMac stand in being careful not to block the air cooling intakes on the bottom. You could always move the cabinets up of course :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.