Persistent home network problem

B

buckeyedoc444

Still trying to get my home network to work. I'm trying to get 3 Apples to talk to each other. Mine is a Power Mac hard wired and the other 2 are connecting via Airport. They show up at the network finder icon but when I try to connect I get the following error message -

"Connection failed. Unknown user, incorrect password or login disabled." Retype or contact the administrator.

I have set up all of the computers with accounts and the passwords are correct. What the heck is "login disabled"?

I love the Macs but this is very vexing since I want my wife's laptop to use the printer connected to my computer.

Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
System Preferences -> Sharing

Make sure you have File Sharing turned on

OP
B

buckeyedoc444

In system preferences in the sharing folder, I have personal file sharing and printer sharing checked under the services tab. Interestingly, the ibook can use the power Mac's printer without a problem. That helps but I'd still like to have access to the files on the other macs.

Since I've confirmed the accounts and passwords, I suspect that it's something to do with "login disabled" but I cna't find out what that means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Make sure you have the permissions for the shared folders on each mac set up properly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.