Burn iTunes to Thumb Drive

Reaction score
How do I burn songs from my iTumes library to a thumb drive? Would like to burn a whole playlist.

C

chas_m

One more issue, How do I convert the ".M4A" format to MP3 ??

You can do this from within iTunes itself, though you will want to be sure that you actually want to do this -- MP3 is not as good a format, and loses the ability to bookmark (important for audiobook files and podcasts), album art and other extras. You also lose a bit of fidelity by converting from one lossy format into another.

Anyway, in iTunes preferences you set your default conversion format to MP3. Once that is done, you can select any non-MP3 song in your library and choose "Convert to MP3" from the Advanced menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
I have never seen an option in iTunes to convert to MP3 but having seen the above post looked again. Nothing in the Advanced menu or anywhere else BUT

A much better way anyway is to install something like Music Converter Pro (almost free from App Store). This allows you to just drag into it any track or folder or even the entire iTunes library and define where you want the mp3 copies. Easy quick and works.

There are other copy utilities but the above is the best one I have found.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have never seen an option in iTunes to convert to MP3 but having seen the above post looked again. Nothing in the Advanced menu or anywhere else BUT
iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings... > Import Using > MP3 Encoder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.