MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

In my previous posts i stated that i purchased a Macbook Pro in the weekend.

It came with 4gb of ram and 500gb of storage space. I mainly use my mac for downloading, surfing the web and playing FM. The specs i have are fine for the above? or would integrating an extra 4gb of ram and extra 500gb of storage be useless?

It would obviously be good having the extra Ram but if its not getting used whats the point?

Any advise would be great.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
By 'playing FM', I take it you're referring to a game (not FM radio or LastFM). The other tasks certainly wouldn't require more storage or memory than what you already have.

I would say that if 1) you're not hurting for storage space, and 2) the computer shows plenty of free memory when you have all of your favorite applications open, then just leave it alone.

OP
T
Reaction score
By 'playing FM', I take it you're referring to a game (not FM radio or LastFM). The other tasks certainly wouldn't require more storage or memory than what you already have.

I would say that if 1) you're not hurting for storage space, and 2) the computer shows plenty of free memory when you have all of your favorite applications open, then just leave it alone.

Yes im referring to a computer game.

Thanks, i think thats just what i'll do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.