• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Steve Jobs was 'very receptive' to 7-inch iPad idea, court documents show

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Interesting. Not that it wasn't unlike Steve to trash a given product or segment and then later go on to release something in it - but I agree with his original sentiment. The 7" tablets are a little too big to be pocketable like a phone, and yet not big enough to really give you significantly more space than a phone does - particularly the 4"+ phone models.

If Apple wants to compete at the low-end, slash the price of the iPad 2 another $100 and it will dominate the 7" tablets with no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
My brother has a 7in Android tablet, the HTC Flyer. I somewhat prefer the 7in size over my iPad, and was tempted to get one, until I saw the price. At the time he got it, I think it was close to $400. If Apple introduces a 7in iPad, I'll be very tempted to get it. I'd probably sell my original 32GB iPad and get a 7in one.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
But Stretch, you have a lot younger eyes than some of us! :D Grin

a 7" is just too small for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I've said this before, but I'll say t again. I would love a 7.xx" iPad. If it does end up being released I will get it, assuming that the specs are in line with the current iPad out at the time. If it's something similar to "New" iPad vs the iPad 2, then I will pass.

Reaction score
First post here: I like many sway towards the idea of an IPad Mini. The Ipad Mini will propose interest if Apple use close to the specs of the Ipad 3. However, if Apple skimps on the retina display it’ll diminish its chance of success in the low-end tablet market.

Apple hasn’t set on releasing an Ipad mini yet, but Mini talk spread a lot of interest thus far.

P.S Apple could customise the operating system far more. It’s something many hope to see in IOS6.:)

Reaction score
First post here: I like many sway towards the idea of an IPad Mini. The Ipad Mini will propose interest if Apple use close to the specs of the Ipad 3. However, if Apple skimps on the retina display it’ll diminish its chance of success in the low-end tablet market.

Apple hasn’t set on releasing an Ipad mini yet, but Mini talk spread a lot of interest thus far.

P.S Apple could customise the operating system far more. It’s something many hope to see in IOS6.:)

If they are nervous about a small Ipad, they should market it as an Itouch MaxiPad.

A big Ipod may be more attractive than a small Ipad..!!

Reaction score
If they are nervous about a small Ipad, they should market it as an Itouch MaxiPad.

A big Ipod may be more attractive than a small Ipad..!!

I hardly think Apple is nervous about releasing a new product - the Ipad Mini. In actuality, a larger Ipod hasn't got a market as the intent of an Ipod isn't a mini computer, rather the Ipod is a portable multimedia device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I for one will definitely be considering an iPad mini. I have the original iPad still and quite frankly have always thought it was too heavy. If this thing is half the weight, I'm in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3 2.4Ghz C2D 8GB Corsair X128 128GB SSD, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25GB RAM

OMG, I may never be able to buy another iPad again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I for one will definitely be considering an iPad mini. I have the original iPad still and quite frankly have always thought it was too heavy. If this thing is half the weight, I'm in.

You have an original iPad? It will probably be tons lighter then. The iPad 2 is very noticeably lighter than the iPad, and the Mini will be even smaller/lighter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.