Apple to drop Power Mac G5 prices? [updated]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Apple to drop Power Mac G5 prices? [updated]
November 25, 2003 - 12:55 EST* The online Apple Store on Tuesday began displaying a new promotional graphic that shows price cuts across the entire Power Mac G5 line. According to the image, the 1.6GHz and dual 1.8GHz models will both drop US$200 to $1,599 and $2,299, respectively. The dual 2GHz will shed $300, bringing its price to $2,699. It should be noted, however, that the prices are not reflected when placing an order, and also match Apple's educational pricing, which means it could simply be a mistake. Although, stranger things have happened. Update: Apple has updated the image with normal pricing.

My Comments: It sounds like Apple did give that price to some people who ordered.. kind of as a "Sorry about that!"

G

GwiDan

I think they will drop the prices eventually as the entire range is going to be updated and manufacturing costs will be lowered. I hope they scrap the 1.6Ghz model and replace it with the currently scrapped 1.8Ghz model though - but at the same price, of course.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.