Bookmark triplicates in Safari

Reaction score
I have recently switched from a PC to a Mac. While I have worked out most problems with the migration I have one that has me baffled. When I open Safari and go to bookmarks, I have triplicates of my bookmarks. I have deleted all the extras off the Mac but when I resyncd today at the Apple Store they all came back, both on the Mac and my iphone.

Appreciate any assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ah, life is so complicated these days, for some. I can't help you 'cause I'm blissfully unaware of the intricacies of syncing mobile devices with my "anchored" computer. I only have a cell phone, that I share, and it is only used sparingly for phone calls, and occasionally for text messages.

But, may I ask, if you were at an Apple Store syncing, why didn't they help you figure out the problem with bookmarks? Perhaps you discovered that later...

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
They didn't have an answer to the problem at the Apple Store. You don't hear that very often. I will say, I was finishing up a workshop and the young man conducting the session just didn't know. I have since gone back to the Mac and deleted all the garbage and synced again. For now, it's in order. Thanks

I hope I have responded correctly to this thread. I was called on the carpet a while back for doing it wrong. oops.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.