saving jpegs in iphoto

Reaction score
I have been trying for hours now to save jpegs which come as attachments on email to iPhoto.

I want to make a photo book for a friend of mine but I am totally stumped. I have clicked download, so I think the photo exists somewhere (I don't know how to find it) and I would REALLY appreciate some guidance. I have a deadline and I am starting to panic.

I am new to Mac and am slightly regretting switching from PC at the moment!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Usually what I do with attachments is click Save which puts them (by default) in the Downloads folder (accessible via the Finder, or if you haven't changed your dock, it should be the icon next to the trash can) - once you have them all there, launch iPhoto, open up downloads, select all of the photos and drag them into iPhoto. There are probably other ways to handle it as well, but that's how I usually do it if I want a set of images imported into iphoto that aren't on memory card from a camera.

C

chas_m

If you'll click-and-hold on that Save button in the header field of an email with pictures, you'll find a direct "Save to iPhoto" option that places a copy of all the pictures in an email right into iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Ha, whatdya know - I never knew that. Doesn't help that I rarely get images in email (the few times that I have I had just saved and added) Has that always been there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.