Wi-fi/Safari

Reaction score
In trying to connect my new iMac to the internet I got to 'you are wi-fi connected to Talk Talk ip....... but no Web screen showed. Safari said it could not find the file. I (foolishly?) reset Safari which now shows adverts. to Apple Store etc. How do I display my IP home page. Dumbo Switcher Jim:[:[

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to have to supply us with more info. Are you using a router and are you connecting wireless? It would also help whenever you ask a question in these forums that you also tell us about your Mac and which version of OS X you're running.

Note that when you reset Safari you have a choice of what should be reset by checking or removing the check from the various items.

OP
J
Reaction score
My Mac is 21.5 iMac OS X 10.7.3 ....connecting wireless.

when I reset Safari all the choices were ticked!!! Dumbo Jim??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can use the Safari search bar which is now the same as the URL address bar to find your ISP home page. Once you've gone to that page, open Safari preferences "General" and set the current page to your home page.

Also while you're at it, hit the reset button and remove the checks from those items you do not want to be reset. The next time you reset Safari you won't lose all that information.

OP
J
Reaction score
You can use the Safari search bar which is now the same as the URL address bar to find your ISP home page. Once you've gone to that page, open Safari preferences "General" and set the current page to your home page.

Also while you're at it, hit the reset button and remove the checks from those items you do not want to be reset. The next time you reset Safari you won't lose all that information.

Thanks for your reply. What I'd like to do is reset Safari to what it was when I took my brandnew iMac out of the box some 4 weeks ago & switched on! Would the action proposed do that?:[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.