Dock problem?

C

Chronophobia

Now, when I first got used to the dock, I would press Cmd+Alt+D to get to hide and the same to get it come back up - a few weeks ago it changed. Now only when I held that button combination would it go down - I find that quite annoying. Is there anyway to make it go back to how it was before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
im running 10.4.3 and if I press the command, apple and d button, it appears/disappears..

OP
C

Chronophobia

homer_j said:
im running 10.4.3 and if I press the command, apple and d button, it appears/disappears..

Well you see my problem is that, when I press the button combination it goes down - but as soon as I let go of the buttons it immediately apperas again. So only when I hold the buttons down does it stay down. When I let go it comes back up again. Is there anyway to fix this?

[Running 10.4.3]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Chronophobia said:
Well you see my problem is that, when I press the button combination it goes down - but as soon as I let go of the buttons it immediately apperas again. So only when I hold the buttons down does it stay down. When I let go it comes back up again. Is there anyway to fix this?

[Running 10.4.3]

I tried to replicate what you saw and the only way I could is to place the cursor at the bottom of the screen. If the cursor is on the bottom of the screen the dock will automatically pop up. You could try to delete the dock preference file.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Iron Mac is saying is, if the mouse pointer is down at the bottom of the screen by the Dock, it will pop back up as that is one of the triggers that makes the Dock appear. Put the mouse pointer say in the middle of the screen and hit the keys. It should not pop back up. I tried it on every Mac I have and it stays down unless I point my mouse toward the bottom of the screen like Iron Mac stated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.