Problem to open External HD in my MAC

Reaction score
Dear all,
my name is José Augusto and I am facing the following problem:

Al the times I try to 'plug in' my External HD into my iMac I receive the message

NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk1s1
at /Volumes/Augusto because the following problem occurred:

/sbin/mount_ntfs-3g: line 532: /usr/local/bin/fuse_wait: Permission denied

It began after I take out my External HD not properly from my mac book pro.
When I try to open it in a windows machine it works.

So how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

NTFS-3G is buggy and does not work well, and in some instances can cause a loss of data. I recommend purchasing and installing "Paragon NTFS" from Paragon software. Here is the LINK. Make sure you completely uninstall NTFS-3G first. Use their uninstall instructions, do not drag it to the trash as that will not properly remove it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Dear chscag,

Do you know how can I properly remove NTSF-3G from my mac. I am asking this because the NTSF-3G uninstall mode is not able.

Another thing is that, why I can open a PEn Drive but not an External HD? If the problem was due to the NTSF-3G I couldn't open my Pen Drive as well.

An third thing is, to install Paragon NTFS should I uninstall MAC-FUSE from my MAC too or just NTSF-3G?

Thanks in advance,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you follow the instructions to remove NTFS-3G that were given in the link I provided you with in my first reply? That will also remove Mac Fuse.

OP
J
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions to remove NTFS-3G that were given in the link I provided you with in my first reply? That will also remove Mac Fuse.

Yes, after following the instructions in the links provided by you now it worked.

Thanks again,

OP
J
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

NTFS-3G is buggy and does not work well, and in some instances can cause a loss of data. I recommend purchasing and installing "Paragon NTFS" from Paragon software. Here is the LINK. Make sure you completely uninstall NTFS-3G first. Use their uninstall instructions, do not drag it to the trash as that will not properly remove it.

Hi,

I have been properly, following the instructions, uninstalling both MAcFuse and NTSF-3G from my MAC. And now I can again 'visualize' my External HD (E-HD), however anyone archive I try to copy or move from my MAC into E-HD I receive the following message:

Read Only file System

I suppose after I have been formatted my E-HD it is now only readable.

I tried even as a root type chmod 777 //Volumes/E-HD, but I receive the message

chmod: Unable to change file mode on //Volumes/E-HD/: Read-Only File System

Do you have some hint?

Thanks in advance,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.