• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning mpeg4 into a dvd issue

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently trying to burn an mpeg4 into a dvd using the Burn mac os x program.

(Burn - Home).

The program converts the mpeg4 video into mpg format, it then burns the disk and when I play it on my mac, the video appears correctly on the screen.

However, when I insert the disc into any dvd player connected to a tv screen, the image appears cropped in the edges.

I have tried connecting the dvd player into two different tv screens and both times the image was wrong. I have even tried to zoom in and out and change the screen proportions but none of these seemed to work.

Can you suggest any advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.