Widgets!

D

danbob6

I'm a recent convert to the iMac G5 (from the PC world) and am very happy with my choice. Among the many new things I've run into learning how to manage and manuever is the concept of widgets. While I really like the idea and their availability, I've got a rather simple need I hope someone can help with. Now that I've added some widgets I find I don't want them anymore. How do I get rid of them so they no longer show?

Thanks
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you just want to close them, click the + sign in the bottom left and then click the X for the widget you want to close. If you want to delete the widgets, click the + in the bottom left and then click "Manage Widgets", then click the minus sign next to the one you want to delete. If they arent showing up in the manage widgets, widget then go to your system/library/widgets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
danbob6 said:
I'm a recent convert to the iMac G5 (from the PC world) and am very happy with my choice. Among the many new things I've run into learning how to manage and manuever is the concept of widgets. While I really like the idea and their availability, I've got a rather simple need I hope someone can help with. Now that I've added some widgets I find I don't want them anymore. How do I get rid of them so they no longer show?

Thanks
Dan

Keep in mind that widgets use A LOT of system resources. If you have under 1 gig of memory, you'll find your performance will dramatically improve if most of the widgets are closed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.