stdarg.h and float.h not found complaining in XCode 3.x

Reaction score
Hello,

I use XCode 3.3.6 (whatever latest version for Snow Leopard), and jail-broken iPhone.
I was able to compile from XCode and deploy to iPhone.
But suddenly...it gave me the error saying
stdarg.h and float.h ...these file cannot be found...
As far as I can see, I have these files....
For whatever reasons, it suddenly stops working.
I tried to set the iPhone SDK 4.x, 5.x..and tried to set the compiler gcc 4.2 ..gcc 4.0....no luck at all...
Why XCode suddenly complains about these two files?
Anybody has same experience?
I've been struggling this issue for almost a week..
Really appreciate you can point something to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
How are you including these files? Although I'm using XCode 4.4, I'm not seeing any warning or errors when compiling and including float.h and stdarg.h. Are you sure your build settings for the target is using GCC 4.0 (those files aren't compatible with 4.2). Have you changed your build settings anywhere including your search paths for the include files?

OP
M
Reaction score
Things r really strange...
I didn't explicitly include those header files...It indicates that those r from CoCo..something header file. I don't remember on the top of my head right now..
Anyway, in XCode, I just created a iPhone View application template..then I didn't work anything on that..
Then I just complied it for the template whatever XCode generates.....
Then it comes up stdarg.h and float.h file not found...it is darn strange..
The more strange thing is that..initially the project I worked on..it points to GCC 4.2...and I am still able to compile this view app without having any issue..
At somepoint, whenever I create a project, it just complains these file that can't be found..
Obviously, I tried reinstalling xcode..but it seems not help at all...
Also, I exactly compared two build properties value between one that works fine and the other that complains these header files...
I can't see any build properties value differences between two projects...
I don't think this is gcc issue..no matter what I choose, I still get these errors...
It is really strange...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
So basically, you created a new app from a template, didn't modify any of the source code, attempted to compile it and the warnings appeared?

Before you "reinstalled" XCode, did you properly uninstall the existing version of xcode using /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools? If you didn't, I wonder if something was left behind that was causing the problems to continue even after re-installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.