does clearing cookies cause problems ?

Reaction score
I just checked and I have over 3.5k cookies stored that must be slowing down my computer. Should I just delete them one by one or clear them all? Does is cause any harm to clear them all at once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
3.5k? Do you mean 3.5GB? Even 3.5MB wouldn't be enough to cause issues.

But, to answer your question, no. Clearing the cookies will just mean that it's as if the communication that taken place between your computer and the web sites had never happened. If you don't disable cookies, it will accumulate the information again as you visit other web sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I just checked and I have over 3.5k cookies stored that must be slowing down my computer. Should I just delete them one by one or clear them all? Does is cause any harm to clear them all at once?

I clear mine completely occasionally. It does't do any harm. What you might want to do is some other maintenance like run 'Repair Disk Permissions' on your machine's HD in Disk Utility, clear some stuff off your desktop and check to make sure that you have some decent headroom on your HD. If it's maxxed out then it's going to be slowwww.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.