closing lid shut off iTunes when connected to apple tv

Reaction score
How can I close the lid on my mac book pro and still be able to watch a movie from my iTunes library? can anyone guild me please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Closing the lid puts your Mac to sleep. So there are a couple of easy ways to do this.

There's an app called Air Mouse. You install it on your Mac (free) and on your iPhone and/or iPad (free). Open the app on your Mac, close the lid. Wait about 10 seconds and open it on your iPhone or iPad and it is basically a touchscreen trackpad with 2 "buttons" for right-click and left-click. You use it to wake your Mac back up and then run your movie or TV show in iTunes.

Or you can purchase wireless mouse (I have a Logitech that has a micro USB transmitter that plugs into my MBP). Again, you close the lid and let it go to sleep. Wait about 10 seconds and then use the wireless mouse to wake it back up and run whatever movie or show you want to watch.

I've use both methods and like them both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.