Copy photo's from iphoto to new mac ?

Reaction score
hey, i have just brought a 12" powerbook, and i want to transfer all of my photo's from my old ibook to my new powerbook, i have tried just dragging them all into a folder, but it won't allow me ! Any help ? thanks .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
go to the migration assistant and use that, just follow the instructions. Its located in applications/utilities

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks but i have no firewire

macAttack said:
go to the migration assistant and use that, just follow the instructions. Its located in applications/utilities

That would be great but i have no firewire lead to connect them , is there anyother way that i could transfer them, i have an ipod ?

C

Circus Act

tomaplaw said:
That would be great but i have no firewire lead to connect them , is there anyother way that i could transfer them, i have an ipod ?

You can use your iPod as a USB Storage drive and manually transfer the photos from your iBook to the iPod and then to the PowerBook.

Alternatively, you can burn a CD with the photos from your iBook and transfer them to the PowerBook

Another option is to sign up for a trial .Mac account and transfer photos from the iBook to your .Mac iDisk and then to your PowerBook.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks !

Circus Act said:
You can use your iPod as a USB Storage drive and manually transfer the photos from your iBook to the iPod and then to the PowerBook.

Alternatively, you can burn a CD with the photos from your iBook and transfer them to the PowerBook

Another option is to sign up for a trial .Mac account and transfer photos from the iBook to your .Mac iDisk and then to your PowerBook.
cheers, thats should do the trick, didnt think of burning a disk ! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.