Control-Option-P-R

A

aeromode

I can only get my PowerMAC G4, running OS 9.2.2, to bootup by holding down the Control-Option-P-R keys. I read that this will reset my PRAM. Does this mean that it is not holding the default setting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
what happens when you boot up without resetting the pram.

are you getting the disk with the flashing ? mark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OK i think i know what you are gonna want to do

boot up and do the ctrl opt p r thing so that it will boot up. When you are in the OS go to the system preferences and the startup disc thingy. make sure to select the folder that your os and that should fix it

OP
A

aeromode

I have done that. It didn't work. Another thing, this MAC was upgraded from a beige G3 to a G4 using a Sonnet Encore G4 upgrade kit(not done by me). Is this upgrade compatible with MAC OS 9.2.2? Should I be using OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
first off, its not the control button to push, its the command (open apple) button. but thats no biggie since youve already been doing it.

the flashing "? disk" means it cant find the system folder. this is a preference that is stored in the PRAM. i would suggest upgrading to OS X and see if the problem persists. unfortunately OS X also stores start up disk preferences in PRAM, but a fresh install will show you if it was an OS 9 or PRAM problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.