Keeping web page in dock

Reaction score
When I put a running program into the dock for later reference and then click on a desktop icon the saved program in my dock disappears and I have to re open it.(OSX Mountain Lion)

This did happen with Lion where the saved program could be re-opened from the dock where it remained regardless of opening other web sites

How can I get a saved program to remain in the dock.

Thanks,

Regards

corvo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Not sure I understand, but will this do it....?

Open the program, right click on the icon in the Dock, select Keep in Dock.

OP
C
Reaction score
What I mean is when I want to save a running program I click the mines sign and the program settles in the dock, previously with Lion I could open other web pages from my desktop and the original program would remain in the dock, now with Mountain Lion if I open another web site the original page disappears from the dock.
How can I keep the original web page in my dock.

Thanks

Regards corvo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I don't have the answer, but maybe I can help someone else to arrive at one. So you're talking about web browsing. Is this in Safari?

I think I know what you mean. If I open two Safari windows, I'll have two icons on the right side of my Dock. You are experiencing a replacement of the icon of the second for the first window.

I'm not sure if that's a new deal, or if there is a setting for that. Here's where the help steps in...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.