Mac trade in

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to trade in my 2011 21.5" iMac to a apple store if I didn't buy it from apple I bought it from Costco. I would like to trade it for a MacBook air. I live in the uk if that makes a difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
The best way to find out is to phone them and ask.

I can't see why not, they will do it up and sell it on as a refurb machine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple does not accept "trade ins" like a car dealer. If you're within two weeks of the purchase date then you can get a refund. Otherwise you're on your own with selling the iMac. Costco has a very generous return policy if I remember correctly, however, I'm not sure that applies to Apple computers and it may be different in the UK from the US.

C

chas_m

chscag is correct. Apple flat-out does not take returns after the two weeks. Costco is VERY unlikely to take that return either, though it wouldn't hurt to try. Unless that iMac has never been used and been sealed in the box since you bought it, I wouldn't look to get full retail value for it either, though you should be able to sell it for a decent price if it's been kept in pristine condition with the accessories.

If you bought it less than a year ago, buy AppleCare for it RIGHT NOW. This will vastly increase the value of the machine when you sell it used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.