Mail Problem with ML???

Reaction score
I upgraded to ML and now when I open my mail all my mailbox folders are gone??? Any ideas on how to get them back. I had a lot of emails stored in these folders.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
On the left hand side you have to "hover over" the words on "On My Mac" and beside that will be the option to "Show" or "Hide". My guess is right now you are currently "Hiding" the mailbox folders.

Hope this helps
DavidH

OP
R
Reaction score
I wish it was that easy Dave, but it is not. On the left side it is showing my inbox and a few other things. But all my mailbox folders that were underneath are all gone, along with the emails in them.

I went into the Mail preference and found nothing to help me. I know they are not gone, but in never-never land!

Now I am having another problem with this mountain lion OS. When I am in a forum and someone puts a link in their thread I can click on it and go t the site. But here is the weird part, when it opens that window and I am through I close the window to find that my original window with the forum gone. I thought I made a mistake and should have used the back arrow. so I tried it and the link is actually opening a new window and closing the old one. These problems with ML are starting to get to me and p**s me off.

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy Dave, but it is not. On the left side it is showing my inbox and a few other things. But all my mailbox folders that were underneath are all gone, along with the emails in them.

I went into the Mail preference and found nothing to help me. I know they are not gone, but in never-never land!

Now I am having another problem with this mountain lion OS. When I am in a forum and someone puts a link in their thread I can click on it and go t the site. But here is the weird part, when it opens that window and I am through I close the window to find that my original window with the forum gone. I thought I made a mistake and should have used the back arrow. so I tried it and the link is actually opening a new window and closing the old one. These problems with ML are starting to get to me and p**s me off.

It now opens the new window in a tab instead of a new window. It happened to me for a while until I figured it out.

Reaction score
Yeah it is cool. It is making me learn the keyboard shortcuts now, so that I can toggle between the open pages instead of clicking. ML is really beginning to grow on me.

Hwilensky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.