Why the long down load time???

Reaction score
Since I have switched over to the Mac system, I amazed at the long down load times on my DSL internet service. Didn't have anything close to this long time. Do I need more memory or what? I am using a iMac with a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4 GB 13333MHz DDR3 memory.

I bought and started the down load on the new Mountain Lion OS two days ago and it is still down loading. this is ridiculous!!! Is something wrong???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You have to remember there could be many factors contributing to this. My first thought could be the load on the servers, and depending on your location as well. I know at times in my hometown, 5-8pm the speeds i get are indescribable. Can go from 6mbs down to nearly nothing, with the people closer to the exchange gaining the best benefits.
1 thing i will say, its not bc of how much RAM you have in your machine thats for sure, unless you have a whole lot of Apps open taking up all the CPU

Oh and welcome to the forums

OP
R
Reaction score
You have to remember there could be many factors contributing to this. My first thought could be the load on the servers, and depending on your location as well. I know at times in my hometown, 5-8pm the speeds i get are indescribable. Can go from 6mbs down to nearly nothing, with the people closer to the exchange gaining the best benefits.
1 thing i will say, its not bc of how much RAM you have in your machine thats for sure, unless you have a whole lot of Apps open taking up all the CPU

Oh and welcome to the forums

Well it is saturday morning and I finally installed the new OS X. Still working through it and looking for all the supposed changes (over 200)???

thanks for the hello Mac!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.