Mac OSX Server

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a newbie with Mac OSX Server. What's the best way to install Mac OSX 10.7 Server onto a machine? I read somewhere that my client machine running OSX 10.7.4 should be able to update to Server edition? I don't have the CD yet but I would like to get some guidance before purchasing it. If my client machine can be updated, I can purchase the Add-on from Apple website, if not, I would have to buy a complete DVD from them.

Please Advice.

Thanks,
Rameses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
AFAIK you can't buy a CD or DVD with Lion server on it. The only way to get server is through the App store (or with it pre-installed on a Mac Mini server or Mac Pro server) - download it and install it.

Now - here's the problem - you've waited a few days too long to decide to get Lion server (unless you've already purchased it but haven't downloaded it yet). Looking at the App Store all I see is OSX Server for Mountain Lion and not for Lion any more. So, chances are you will have to upgrade to Mountain Lion then purchase OSX Server for Mountain Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Start by taking a look at our blog series, there are 2 at present but another 2 already in the pipeline

Mac-Forums Blog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.