Programs to convert .pdf to .docx and save formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Retina Macbook Pro - OS X 10.8 - 2.7 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 768 GB SSD
Hi all,

I am using .pdf files at work that have been sent to me from a US division of the company after many weeks of requesting these documents. I was hoping that they would come in as .docx files because these US documents must be "Canadianized" in that i must change color to colour, vapor to vapour etc. Unfortunately I was sent .pdfs instead and now I need to find a program that can covert these for me.

These documents are not image rich, but there are charts, columns, headers and footers and so formatting must be saved in the conversion.

As well because these are company files I am not exactly comfortable with uploading these to an online site and converting them in fear of having private information stolen.

Are there any good PDF -> DOC converters out there for OSX these days? The cheaper the better and free is always preferred.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MD318LL/A
Shouldn't that be "Canadianised??" Anyway, found this, don't have the ability to check it out, but hopefully it does the trick: How to Convert PDF to Word Document on a Mac | eHow.com
Looks like it just uses automater to get the text and put it into RTF, which you can open in word. I don't know if this would work for keeping the formatting.
A few other googled links for paid applications and the such:
PDF to Word Mac - PDF 2 Word Converter for Mac
PDF to Word for Mac - Convert PDF to Word | Wondershare
PDF to Word for Mac - Solid Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.