Windows startup fail

Reaction score
Hi. I recently installed windows 7 onto my macbook pro. Everything has worked pretty much perfectly so far, except that, when I start it up in windows, I get past the 'Start Windows normally' part, but then my entire screen goes blank, for no apparent reason. I've tried the brightness button, but they appear to make no difference. I've had this problem since this morning, and that whole startup process makes my computer act very strangely.

Thanks.

Reaction score
How long did you leave it on a black screen before giving up? It took mine about a minute or two before my black screen disappeared, and those two minutes didn't feel quick I promise you that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you explain step-by-step what you did?
Did you follow the Apple boot camp guide?
Which MBP do you have?
Which exact version of Windows 7 (OEM, retail, 32bit, 64bit etc) you have?
And can you elaborate on "and that whole startup process makes my computer act very strangely."

OP
C
Reaction score
I have the 64 bit full version (the one that isn't OEM). The problem appears to have sorted itself out anyway, and besides, I realised that even though the display wasn't working, the login screen was still there - I just typed in my password and it worked, which was a blessing. Thanks for your help anyway, guys :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.