Capturing Audio Webstream In Original Format

Reaction score
Would like help to capture a show which was broadcast in WMA format, 44.1 khz, 128 kbps.

I've tried the following:
- audio hijack: it captures the track as an aiff file

- soundtap: it captures the track either as an mp3 or a wav file.

Would appreciate it if someone can help advice on Mac (and/or PC software) to capture audio webstream in their original broadcast format.

Thank you.

stephen

Reaction score
Hi Stephen,

do you have the chance to record it live with the inputs of garage band or another sequencer software? Maybe you can use your audio interface to route it properly. Can you describe your setup a bit closer?

Thank You!
Kenaudio

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Capture a live stream as a "Windows" Media Audio file format on your Mac?
Be easier to just download the file in question, than capturing a live stream.

Not sure that is possible. If it is, you'll probably need to head to Telestream - link - the makers of Flip4Mac - to see if any their pay for software will do it.

C

chas_m

I'm afraid I am failing to see the issue.

Audio Hijack (and others) can record the program to a lossless format (AIFF or others) -- so what's the problem? Record it and then convert it to your preferred format* later.

*I'll reserve my comments on WMA format just this once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.