iPhoto with Pixelmator?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
With my new camera looking to update software for photo editing. I understand that you can incorporate Pixelmator into iPhoto and use it for editing? Is this a good way to go? Or should you just jump in and go with lightroom?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea i think Pixelmator does a admiral job.

iPhoto does a great job too and has good editing tools to. It really a matter of how much you want to edit. LR is very good as well.

IMO if you have LR hump straight into that. Thats more of a photo editor than Pix

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yea i think Pixelmator does a admiral job.

iPhoto does a great job too and has good editing tools to. It really a matter of how much you want to edit. LR is very good as well.

IMO if you have LR hump straight into that. Thats more of a photo editor than Pix

Thanks for that. I needed a chuckle in the morning.

I like LightRoom for Photo editing. Pixelmator does a fine job too, but it's a little closer to Photoshop which doesn't help manage and organize Photos.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can choose Pixelmator as your editor for iPhoto by opening preferences, select the Advanced tab and then choose Pixelmator. By default iPhoto will then open Pixelmator when you edit your photos. Great choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks for that. I needed a chuckle in the morning.

lol i could edit it, but it is funny when i look at it. I was a bit under the weather and bit dopy when i wrote that. I had to edit it 3 times before i posted it :Oops::Mischievous:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.