Install Windows 7 on USB drive via Bootcamp (yeah, an other one...)

Reaction score
Hi all,

before all, sorry for my bad english... i'm french.

So, i'm trying to install Windows 7 on my iMac (with Lion on it) which is on an USB drive (done with an other computer with Windows 7 USB tool). Ok, no prob' for that but now... ?
I searched during many hours but i'm still stuck with Bootcamp. I've my USB drive with W7, Bootcamp and... nothing else and i don't know what to do with rEFIt :(

May anyone could help me please ?

Regards,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to clarify something for us first:

Are you trying to install Windows 7 on a USB drive attached to your iMac? Or, are you trying to install Windows 7 on your iMac from a USB drive?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look at these instructions. They're for a MacBook Air but the install method from the USB drive is the same. Let's see if it works for you. LINK

OP
V
Reaction score
I even read that but now, we can't choose "install later" in bootcamp... :(

Take a look on attached files.

THE problem is, we can't create a Bootcamp part without DVD, and i'm searching a way to bypass that.

Capture d’écran 2012-07-22 à 10.54.26.png

Capture d’écran 2012-07-22 à 10.56.15.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.