How to remove Shopathome toolbar????

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the whole Mac idea so bear with me please. I recently downloaded the shopathome toolbar to get a few coupons. Big mistake! Its acting weird on my mac and I cant even get into certain websites like capitalone.com. It just redirects me over and over again. plus my mac is acting super slow, quite annoying compared to how it was before i downloaded the toolbar. Is this a virus or adware of some sort? Also If someone is willing to help me step by step to get this toolbar off of my mac permanently, that would be great! Thank you~

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

There are many responses to this throughout the web. Most of the uninstall instructions are for Windows, however, several give directions on how to get rid of it on your Mac. Here is one that might work for you. LINK Be sure to read all the way down on the page. The first set of instructions are for Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.