Safari queation

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a proud new Macbook Pro owner. The last Apple machine I owned was a II-E. From there I switched to PC/MS-DOS, and stayed with Windows until now. This is a very nice machine and I have it about setup as I want it. I have Parallels with Windows 7 just to run the Windows version of Quicken, since that has all my banking history and I didn't want to mess with converting to iBank or such.

I have noticed that Safari sometimes takes a very long time to load some web pages. The blue progress indicator in the address bar gets partway down and stalls. I tried IE from Parallels on the same web page and it loads right up. I am assuming I have some setting that is causing this. I would really like to stick with Safari. The top 10 view and the ability to swipe previous pages into view is very cool...

-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It could be that those particular web pages are set up to run optimally in IE. That's just a fact of life in some cases.

P.S. Is there not a Mac version of Quicken?

OP
M
Reaction score
It could be that those particular web pages are set up to run optimally in IE. That's just a fact of life in some cases.

P.S. Is there not a Mac version of Quicken?

There was but it seems that it is not able to run on Lion. They released Quicken Essentials as an alternative, but it got terrible reviews.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.