How can I speed up my mac?

Reaction score
How can I speed up my mac? I have already upgraded the RAM to 4GB and Leopard 6.0. I want to get my mac fast enough to install Parrallels Desktop. The details of my mac are below.

Modellname: MacBook
Modell-Identifizierung: MacBook4,1
Prozessortyp: Intel Core 2 Duo
Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,4 GHz
Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1
Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 2
L2-Cache: 3 MB
Speicher: 4 GB
Busgeschwindigkeit: 800 MHz
Boot-ROM-Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC-Version (System): 1.31f1

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Memory upgrade and OS X can only take it so far. You have a Core2Duo processor at 2.4GHz and there's not much else that can be done to speed it up more than what it can do.

A fresh install of OS X might clear the cob webs and make things faster but that's about it..

If you want faster, you have to upgrade..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How can I speed up my mac? I have already upgraded the RAM to 4GB and Leopard 6.0. I want to get my mac fast enough to install Parrallels Desktop.

You computer already is "fast enough" to install Parallels. I've installed Parallels on on slower Intel Mac's.

FYI...there is no "Leopard 6.0".

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
Reinstalling OS X

Memory upgrade and OS X can only take it so far. You have a Core2Duo processor at 2.4GHz and there's not much else that can be done to speed it up more than what it can do.

A fresh install of OS X might clear the cob webs and make things faster but that's about it..

If you want faster, you have to upgrade..

Yes, maybe. I have found the MAC OS CDs. I can't remember if I need a key as with Windows or do I just need the original disks?

Many thanks,

Ken

Reaction score
You just need the disks. And they're probably Snow Leopard - 10.6something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.