MacBook Pro and External Monitor

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro 13" screen Mid 2010 and would like to use an external monitor with it. I have a neovo F-419 monitor. I do not need to have both screens working at the same time, just the neovo instead of the macbook when I am in my office. Can you advise what lead I need to conntect the two please.

Many thanks

Anne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi!

Welcome to the forums!

To use an external monitor... Get an adapter to connect to an external monitor (like: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.) ) from either Apple or a retailer that carries Apple supplies (like Best Buy).

Connect the screen to the Macbook, make sure an external keyboard and mouse are connected to the computer, shut the lid on the computer, wait for the system to go to sleep then press a key on the keyboard (or click the mouse) to wake the system up and you should now just be using the external display. I have never tried this with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse, but I know it works with USB devices.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hi!
I have never tried this with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse, but I know it works with USB devices.

Works with Bluetooth also. Occasionally it is just a tick slower to react during wakeup. Especially if the batteries are getting low. Not a common occurrence for me though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.