Future Macbook Help Please!

Reaction score
Hello,

I have never owned a Macbook Pro, I have the 2009 iMac. I am really wanting a new one now and I am a casual gamer. I play League of Legends (iLoL for Mac), Diablo 3 (eventually), StarCraft 2, Minecraft, and I just recently bought lots of games in the Summer Steam Sale that I can't wait to play on my new mac. I have the worst graphics card of all time so I am waiting until now to get a mac that has the best one a macbook can offer as they are almost impossible to change a graphics card in a mac unless it is the desktop tower version. I also am going to go to a college for about 4 years and then another college for about 6. Both colleges I will be using my mac to do lots of things for things like school, recording my screen, movie making, and gaming. So now I need to know. Should I get a retina mac with these specs:

Macbook Pro with Retina Display:
2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
768GB Flash Storage
$3,484

Or a New Macbook Pro:
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
512GB Solid State Drive
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display
$3,798

Or what should I change to meet my requirement and carry me on into the future a ways.

TREMENDOUS THANKS!

-Kenneth

Edit: If virtual Windows like Parellels or VMware Fusion doesn't work for me then I will Bootcamp it. Incase that makes a difference in anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
I am not sure what all of your needs will be, but based on what you have listed either machine will do the job for you. I have a pre-retina version of mbp that I picked up in May and it runs everything I have put it on so far ( for games I am currently running Diablo 3 ). In this case it will come down to personal preference.

When I was picking out my mbp I went down to the local store to look at the ones they had on the shelf. I was torn between high res and high res with anti-glare. Looking at the two systems side by side pretty much decided it for me in about 3 seconds. I now have the anti-glare and love the display. I would strongly suggest going down to the store and taking a look for yourself and see which you prefer since both systems will runt the hardware for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.