Folder thumnail image

Reaction score
I have a folder for my music (mp3's etc) in a folder called "music".
Inside the folder called "music" I have many other folders, each containing one single music album. When I go into the music folder to view all of my albums, they are all displayed using a generic blue folder, but with the individually descriptive text below each of them.
What I want to do is, instead of looking at a page of boring blue folders, instead I would like each music album folder to display the album cover of the music albums.

I have tried to change the display format of the folders, but none of the available options accomplish what I want. Each of the music album folders contains a jpg image of the album cover.

Now, I am a happy mac convert for the most part, but Windows used to do this easily.
In fact, with Windows, you didn't even have to have the jpg inside the folder, because once it was played in WMP one time, the associated folder on the computer displayed the album cover automatically.

Does anyone know if this is possible on a mac? I am using a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

I've tried to figure this out for about a year now, and I thought I'd try my luck in the forums.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.