G4, Flashing ?, Boots OK, Annoying

J

jerodhusvar

This machine is going to drive me nuts. It started out with a blinking question mark and no boot. I ran Norton, found lots of high-level errors on the drive and so I scrubbed the drive. After I reinitialized the drive and reloaded OS 9.2.2 on it, it now boots successfully... Well... Sorta... The machine hangs at a flashing ? for about 30 seconds, then it boots up and runs perfectly. I'd like to correct this problem because I'm afraid that A) it's got a deeper cause than I know about, and B) my user is annoyed with having to wait a minute every morning to start up the machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jerod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
go into the system preferences and the boot volume and make sure you have the 9.2.2 selected as the boot volume

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
NO!
Zap the PRAM. Restart, and immediatly hold Apple option P and R, and wait till it chimes 3 or 4 times, then let go...

OP
J

jerodhusvar

Thanks!

trpnmonkey41 said:
go into the system preferences and the boot volume and make sure you have the 9.2.2 selected as the boot volume

Worked like a charm. Got it in 1!

Thanks a bunch!

Jerod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.